Another week, another recipe! I surely do not want to bore you with recipes only on this blog, but if I am in love with something I need to share it. So here I am telling you about my rather newly discovered love: chickpeas! Who would have known that these little yellow fellows are so healthy, so filling, and can be used in so many recipes.
A new favorite recipe of mine is this vegan falafel recipe! It is so simple that it’s almost scary – so good that you cannot stop eating them and the preparation time takes around 10 minutes at max. Personally, I like simple recipes and things that do not take long to make after coming home (usually somewhat late) after work. Given this reason I made these falafel after work the other day and did not even add a side-dish. What I can recommend, though, is a cucumber salad (speaking of, I found a great recipes that I will share in the near future!).
For these crispy, little falafel, you need
240g (drained) & pre-cocked chickpeas
1 large onion
1 handful of fresh coriander
1 tablespoon cumin
2 tablespoons buckwheat (or any other) flour
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
a hint of salt
What to do
- Pre-heat the oven to 250°C
- add all ingredients into a food processor and mix until you get a smooth mixture (make sure it doesn’t become too smooth or else you will get a soup)
- take roughly one large tablespoon of the mixture and form each patty with your hand
- place them on a baking sheet and sprinkle (or paint) all patties with a light layer of olive oil
- bake until golden-brown for roughly 18-20 minutes
Et voila – within a couple of mintues preparing and baking, you have the perfect, healthy (and vegan) falafel ready.